5.07.2012

Master Bedroom: Board and Batten

Where in the world did the weekend go?  It was a blip and a flash, but I accomplished one HUGE thing.  I finished updating the master bedroom with board and batten.  Remember what it looked like before?
Now "Hello Beautiful!"
I used MDF this time and I was very pleased with how it turned out.  I purchased all the pieces at Lowe's and was surprised at how cheap it was compared to using poplar. 
 I painted the entire wall white in White Dove.  This is a BM color that I used on all our trim, but I had a gallon of it mixed with Behr paint.  Eggshell finish with paint and primer.  All the trim came primed so it just needed a fine sanding, caulking and nail hole filling.
 I ended up spacing the board 10 inches apart as I wanted a different look from the rest of the rooms in my house.  I felt that it gave a more cottage type vibe to the space.  I also trimmed out the windows with 1x2 and 1x3 like I did in the office.
 The update completely changed the look of the room and I couldn't be happier with how the furniture looks against the wall now.  My dresser pull update looks even better.
I'm still deciding if I want to put up bamboo blinds or keep the white wood ones that were there.  
How'd your weekend turn out?  Move too fast for you too?
I'm linking to the following party:

13 comments:

  1. So you were able to buy strips of MDF that just needed to be cut for length and put in place?

    I think it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great! Love the white and how your side table looks up against it. I don't think you can go wrong with either blind option. Can't wait to see which you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out amazing!! I love how soft and pretty the wall color looks with it. You've got to be pretty excited with how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful...well done! Love your bedspread, too! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came from Ashli's Mini Manor - I love the board and batten! It turned out great! I can't wait to read some old post to see what other projects you've completed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your board and batten looks fantastic, and I love White Dove! It is just the perfect shade of white. Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks Great!!! My mom did hers really similar too, with the spacing closer together! She was also looking for a more "cottage" look! I think it turned out Amazing! Definitely Cottage Chic!!!
    Lots of Love
    Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job with this. I really want to do b and b in my dining room but we just paid to have it painted less than 2 years ago. Thanks for your nice comment. Always happy to hear from another Jersey girl!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing... so clean and elegant. I have been wanting to do this so I may be hitting you up for some tips. Newest follower, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love all the amazing project you show us on your blog. You can sew, paint, decorate, you name it. I have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award! Shop by my blog sometime for all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the board & batten! I've been wanting to do this in my house forever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks absolutely stunning! I vote bamboo blinds for contrast.

    ReplyDelete