4.10.2012

Wood Fence Gate with Galvanized Frame

I know I've been talking about our fence alot lately, but I just couldn't be happier with how it looks and how well it was installed.
One of the reasons we decided to have a fence company install our fence was the need for beefy, workhorse gates.  Hubs needed a sixteen foot gate in order to move all his gear in and out.
We had two 8 foot fence sections in the past that made up a double gate.  The problem with our old gate was the it sagged, it didn't close right and was basically a big part of the eyesore of the driveway.
The fence company we went with suggested a galvanized frame.  Genius.   It wasn't cheap, but this little beauty is totally worth it.  Check out its beefy workings.

 The fence was installed over a custom galvanized pipe frame.
Spring loaded rollers to help move the gate evenly and smoothly across the driveway.  

 Here's the back of the gate.  Total support, baby.



 I was extremely pleased with the craftsmanship here.  Hubs and I agreed that while it could have been a DIY project, it never would have looked this good and worked so well.  Kudos to the team that put this bad boy up.
We are now researching our options to preserve the finish of the fence with sealer or stain.  Any tips?


2 comments:

  1. GREAT photos! I'm new here... love the feel of your site so far! I'm off to check out some more posts. Thought I'd say hi rather than lurk around. :) Have a great week, sugar! xo

    ReplyDelete