4.13.2012

Planning for Raised Garden Beds

Happy Friday to you all.  Great weather expected here this weekend.  I'm hoping to get some more yard work D-O-N-E, including building a raised garden bed.

This is the area Hubs and I are looking to fill in with veggies and all.  We'll probably start with one large raised bed for now and see how it all pans out.

Hubs leveled the area after the fence was installed and put down a hefty layer of mulch.  We are lucky that our township has some available for homeowners in the early Spring months.  It goes fast and you have to load it up quick, but Hubs scored some last week.

We are planning on building at least a 5x8 garden bed, but it may be a little bigger.  We are scouting out the timber this weekend.  I can't wait to go and select my veggie plants!

What's on your agenda this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be great! My husband built me a raised bed at the lake and it really cuts down on weeds.

    Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you have good weather!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete