3.18.2012

Share a little something


Go ahead and laugh but you might just share a little something with me.

1. I am an only child who had imaginary friends much longer than I should have and slept with my stuffed monkey, affectionately named, Monk, until I went off to college.  And yes, I still have Monk.  He's in the closet waiting to be loved again.

2. I wish I could have someone wash my hair for me every morning.  I just love when I go to the hair salon and get my hair washed.  Half the time I wish the gal would stop talking so I can just close my eyes and savor those minutes.  There is nothing worse though when water gets in my ears.  Totally ruins the whole experience.  This stems back to my youth when I had hearing problems and had to put wax in my ears when I went swimming.  Ever since, a drop of water leaks in, and I'm done.

3. Whenever I have to speak in a meeting at work, I flush.  My face feels hot, I know it happens and people look down thinking that I am embarrassed.  Crazy thing is, I'm not.  I don't mind speaking in front of people.  It don't love it, but I don't mind it.  Heck, I was on the Debate Team in college and had to get up and speak in a room full of strangers about a topic I knew nothing about.  Talk about blah, blah, blah.  So I have no idea why I flush, but it happens and I've learned to accept it.

4. I have an aversion to big dogs.  When I was a kid, my neighbor had a big golden retriever.  It was the sweetest dog, but I didn't like it.  I still have visions of that big dog.

5. I can't paint my own nails.  Do share your secret if you can.

6. I have OCD about certain things.  Making sure the oven is off, iron is unplugged.  I've on occasion called a family member to go to my house and check to be sure.  I am pretty sure I have a fear of fire in general because I can remember in grammar school having to plan an escape route if a fire were to ever happen in our home.  I told my parents I would just jump out the window because I was on the ground floor.  What I never got over was the fear of what my parents would do because their room was upstairs, second story.  Hubs and I have a wood burning stove that we use as our main source of heat.  Never fails every night I ask, "Is the fireplace closed?"  The answer is always yes.

7. I don't know how to dive into water.  I like to swim, but I can't dive.  I tried as a kid.  Took lessons.  Asked friends to teach me, but never liked it.  Can I blame it on I don't like water in my ears?

8. I love to read sappy romance novels. Anything Nicholas Sparks makes me cry.

9. I cry at the drop of a hat when watching emotional TV shows.  Lately it's been Intervention when they all sit in a room and try to get the addict to go to treatment.

10. I can't watch shows like American Idol or Dancing with the Stars because I get "embarrassed" if they make a mistake.  I flick back and forth.  Why do I care?

So share a little something too.

2 comments:

  1. cASEY, THIS WAS FUN TO READ, THANKS FOR SHARING! SORRY FOR THE CRAZY TYPING, MY laptop is on its last legs. I too had an imaginary friend growing up and my girls did too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun! I TOTALLY flush when I talk too! I remember once in high school, we were taking a standardized test and the room was silent, when someone next to me farted, and *MY* face turned red, so everyone thought it was me. SO EMBARRASSING. I'm so glad high school is over.

    ReplyDelete