3.27.2012

Porch, Flowering Trees and Old Fence

When there are blue skies, everything just looks better. I repaired the damaged porch rocker and put the runner back on today.  A little wood filler, some sanding and black spray paint. You'd never know.
On the to do list is to spray paint those shutters.  This is our second set, but because the house gets full sun most of the day, they get faded.  
I'm hoping to try spray paint rather than buying yet another set. Keep them green?
I love my wreath on the front door.  Wal-mart.  Yes, I kid you not.  Better Homes and Gardens brand. I did buy 2 stems of coordinating flowers and hot glued them on too to give the wreath a little more fullness. I think it cost me under $25 bucks.
The front door is in need of some paint too.  I want to go with a brighter color like yellow, but the Hubster likes the brick red.  What do you think?

The flowers on the cherry tree just started to come out yesterday.  Aren't they the prettiest pink?
Here's another cherry tree in the front yard in a very pale pink almost white.
I love looking at this every morning.  My neighbor's flowering tree is just beautiful.
Say good-bye Mr. Fence.  You are getting replaced.
  Out with the old, in with the new.
 Hope you are having a great week.  I'll be sharing more with you soon.

1 comment:

  1. When you take your fence down, you should save the wood for projects - there is all sorts of cool things you can make with salvaged wood (frames, put it on a wall as an accent, etc) – plus it saves it from going in the landfill!

    ReplyDelete