1.17.2012

Office: IKEA Alex Storage Drawers

While in Philadelphia before Christmas, Hubs and I stopped off at IKEA to buy the storage pieces I'd been eyeing for the office.  I was initially interested in another drawer unit, but once I saw it, it wasn't as beefy and sturdy as this one.  I decided to splurge and buy the tall Alex until along with the two Expedit bookshelves.  While this unit had what felt like a bazillion pieces to put together, I am VERY happy with it.  The drawers roll smoothly, it matches the Expedit shelves and holds everything I wanted it to.  Warning though- The unit is HEAVY.  I tried to shimmy it myself across the room and it was a battle.
 All my Cricut supplies in one place.
I bought these utensil organizers on the clearance rack in Lowes.  Love the chrome and they fit the Alex drawer perfectly.
 A place to keep all my scissors and other large items.  Love that belt hole punch.
 Sewing supplies for the machine and serger.
What is nice about the unit is that there are 5 shallow drawers and 4 deep drawers.  I was able to fit my office supplies in the deep drawer.

Again, so happy everything has a place.

3 comments:

  1. So much organization! I love how the drawers look. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for explaining the belt hole tool! haha I was wondering... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful organizational solution! I want one! Are you near Philly? I'm in the Harrisburg area and the Philly IKEA is (one of) "my" IKEAS :)

    ReplyDelete