1.10.2012

Kick It into Gear Party- Updating the Guest Room


I'm joining Linda. I'm scared.  It's not like I don't have a handful of other projects going on, but I desperately need to get my guest room organized and beautified.  I've been talking about it way too long and it just makes me sad when I walk by...so here it goes.  On a plan to kick it into gear and get 'er done.

The room is teeny tiny, like 10x10, but the closet juts into the room killing some precious space.

I want to do a wood/trim treatment on the walls.  Not sure yet what.
I want to paint over the blue ceiling and go all out plum purple and yellow in this room...but then I really like purple and navy too.  Decisions.  Decisions.

The dresser drawers on the bed are from an unmatched dresser that has since been moved out of the room desperate for a new place in the home.  The dresser on the back wall matches a vanity table and headboard that I have.  I just need to decide on paint colors and quick.  I am also toying with the idea of getting a trundle bed, but the funds just may not support this.
 This piece of trim has been flapping in the breeze for about I don't know 3, 5 years now.  
I finally dragged the compressor into the room.  Like it was so heavy!  
My closet is a home for lost items.  Luckily there is not a lot in there, but I do want to eventually take the wire shelves out, install full width wood shelves and maybe take the door off.  Maybe.  I want to store blankets, linens, etc neatly folded in here.  We'll see.

Can I do it?  I need help.  What do you envision? 

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you have taken up the gauntlet challenge ...

    ... and my bathroom remodel (which I will soon reveal) looks eerily similar to yours ...

    Linda @ it all started with paint

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the before pictures! I cannot wait to see what you create! Plum purple and yellow....I think that's a perfect fresh color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! : ) thank you so much for joining our challenge! I can't wait to see the final project!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! yes you can!!!! hugs from your newest follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soo great! How fun to have you join the challenge. I can't wait to see the results! I just undercut Andrea and become your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can totally do it! I'm excited to see what you come up with! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course can do it!! Plum and yellow (or navy) sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete