1.31.2012

Imagine the Impossibilities Party: Guest Room

 In anticipation of this party, I kicked myself into high gear and updated the guest room.  
The walls received a fresh coat of paint and one wall was accented with a stencil pattern.
The hand me down furniture received some color with Annie Sloan Chalk paint in Duck Egg Blue.
I finally was able to use my Pottery Barn sconces that I got off eBay.
I pulled the painting from a pile of junk at Grandpa's and used it here.
The mirror is from IKEA and used to be in the bathroom before the remodel.  I've been using the new vanity table in the mornings and feel like a princess.
The ottoman/stool was taken from the living room and fits under the vanity perfectly.  I am planning on making a fabric slipcover.
The bedding was all reused just because I like it.  The sheets are Martha Stewart in lavender gingham.
The quilt is queen size used as bedspread.  It is Pottery Barn with linen and cotton blend.  It becomes softer after each use and leave a big lint ball in the dryer behind! I purchased it off eBay.
The bedskirt is new from Shabby Chic in Target.  Love this skirt.  I have the same one in my master.
So sometimes a challenge is all that one needs to kick things into gear.  I have some more things to do in the room, but I am pleased that I was able to get this far!
Next on list:
Build wood shelves in closet for linens
Trim window and add curtains
Add full length mirror
Add mirror over vanity
Add basket for blanket storage

Thanks for the party!

11 comments:

  1. I would totally stay there! Very cute and cozy. I love the color of the headboard and desk. Thanks for stopping by my challenge room too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linky parties like this can be a great motivator to get us moving! Your guest room has turned out really nice and I love that bedskirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the painting above the bed...looks so cozy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beautiful! Love the blue color! Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great upgrade. Love that bed skirt too!! Thanks so much for linking up to the challenge. Karah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the style of this room! The turquoise headboard and vanity are my favorite. Can't wait to see when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stenciled wall and that cute little vanity! Thanks for joining our challenge - new follower!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty room! I love the colors and I adore the stenciled wall behind the bed! Happy to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! The stenciled wall is a stand out and the AS paint is such a great color ...

    Thanks so much for joining our Impossibilities challenge!

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. where is your stencil from? i really like it!

    ReplyDelete