1.08.2012

2012: Simplify


Simplify. That is my word for 2012. Nothing spectacular, used I am sure 1,000 times by others, but I am in the mood to bring it down a notch. Keep it simple. Delete. Simplify.

This morning started out lazy. Up around 9am and warmed to a bowl of oatmeal. Coupons were clipped and email was checked. Because the weather is warm and lovely here this weekend, Hubs and I decided to take a late morning run. It's been a long while for me. Gosh. I think since maybe September or October. I've been caught up in a lot of family drama, home projects and day to day work that running was put on the back burner. Way back like I had to dig my sneakers out of the closet. Not to mention, the weather got cold.

The run today was hard, but great at the same time. The wind was blowing and I had to pull my hands into my sleeves to keep them warm. I ran until my legs would no longer go any more. I didn't even wear my Garmin to track my heart rate or tell my time. It was "deader than a door nail" when I tried to power it up. Shrug, who cares. Simplify. Who needs a heart monitor every single time. Just run.

I powered myself up with a protein shake and off Hubs and I went. The sun was bright, the air crisp. My mind was clear. My iPod played a shuffle of The Band Perry, Avett Brothers, Bruce, Amy Grant and The Band. Wacky Mix, but hey, shuffle it up baby.

After a quick lunch, I checked blog land and saw that I had a bunch of comments on my post about getting rid of things...strikes a lot of us. Join me and simplify your life. Day by day, bit by bit.

P.S. Did you love Little House books as much as I?

The Lettered Cottage

3 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower. Love the quote. It is so true.

    Check out mines
    http://nmephotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you guys went for a run! This is something I've been meaning to do, but it's so cold out and I'm a big baby when it comes to cold weather, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree life is too crazy these days and sometimes we just need to step back a bit. Love this post! And it makes me want to read the Little House books all over again!

    ReplyDelete