10.24.2011

Pool House- Redecorating

I am redecorating our pool house into an office/reading room.  Hubs and I want to get more use out of the space than just using it for entertaining a couple of times a year.

When we built it, we insulated it so it's perfect for adding in some heat via a gas wall heater.
I am passing on the twin daybed and now am looking out for rattan sofa set.  I spied one on CL and scored it! I thought that might be more coastal cottage than the Ikea Ektrop sofa.  Time to get the sewing machine out and figure out how to whip up some cushion covers.

I'd like to put some shelving up for book storage and reuse a desk that I am painting and distressing.


I've been on the hunt for a black bound sisal or wool rug for months.  I found one at Lowe's but by the time I went back it was gone :(.

This is a rendering of the space that I mocked up to see how I wanted the furniture to be placed.  Ignore the colors.  I haven't mastered the computer program to glam up the space.

3 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to have a pool house, but I can see why you want to utilize it for more space. I can't wait to see what you do...I'm sure it will be lovely!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! your ideas are so clean and stream lined. love it. can't wait to see it unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for inexpensive (but still durable and pretty) shelving for our basement playroom/office. Let us know what you decide.

    ReplyDelete