9.11.2011

Barn Door Construction

I spent most of my day working on the barn door.  
I worked in pure silence, only listening to the sound of the saw and power tools.  
I found myself reflecting on the day, 10 years ago, that many of us will always remember.  
I still get emotional about it and think of that day often.  
However, because today was the ten year anniversary of 9/11, my thoughts went back to every detail I can remember of that day.  
I will never forget and am thankful for each new day that I have.

Added trim to extend the height of the door

Installed 6 inch wide boards

Nail holes filled and ready for primer

3 comments:

  1. It was definitely a very solemn day. Some college kids a few doors down had a big, loud outdoor party and I found myself thinking it was inappropriate.

    This looks great but I'm confused. The frame and rails that you added are 1x6? They look like they're about 1/4 inch thick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your barn door is looking awesome! Having fun watching the progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I am SO impressed you are doing this on your own. I can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete