This was one of the quickest changes I've made and it was very sew simple.
I took one of my stashed white, twin Target flat sheets and folded it in half lengthwise.
I pressed the seam and used that as my cut line. I did cut on this line with scissors and measured my length to hang past my window trim.
The fun part was after that, I used the old tear technique and snipped a little of each edge and tore the curtain. I wanted the old linen, unfinished look and the frayed edges did the trick.
I gathered strips of fabric that were about 1 inch wide, pulled off all the long dangly strings and made my ruffles. Nothing fancy. Nothing was measured here nor was anything precise.
I fed the material through the ruffles and watched out to make sure my fingers didn't get caught.
I ended up with a pile.
I decided that I wanted 3 rows of ruffles near the bottom of the curtains. I eyeballed everything and pinned. At this point, I did clip the curtains up on the rod to make sure they looked as I wanted. I then did a quick stitch and they were complete.
They look so beautiful in the sunlight with the wind billowing them around. They are simple, old looking and just the cottage touch I wanted. I am a sucker for white cotton.
It's clean look just makes me smile and relax.