8.05.2011

Bathroom Update- Daybreak


I learned a lot throughout this remodel.  Remember where I started?  The bathroom wasn't bad, just builder boring and didn't have any life to it.

Keeping it simple in this small space has really make it seem cleaner, and even bigger.  I am sure it has helped that the door is off the hinges waiting for me to move on to constructing the barn door.
Before

After
The board and batten is constructed from 1x3 poplar board from Lowe's.  I like their lumber because I can usually find straight, smooth boards.

I picked up two hand towels at HomeGoods and the colors match perfectly.  A little brown to match the wood and teal and sea foam green to coordinate with the wall color.  These hand towels are oversized too, which is an extra bonus.

The little garbage can is part of set I picked up at Target a long time ago.  The blue inside of it blends nicely with the wall color and hand towels.  Love it when that happens.  The mirror was taken from the downstairs half bath.  I like that it mimics the round vessel sink.


When I figured out that I wanted the board and batten to be tall, I ended up replacing the window trim as well.  I beefed up the top and bottom trim pieces and love how it turned out.  Right now I am liking no window treatment. 


My shower curtain is the same one.  I love it so much, that I threw it in the washing machine with lots of OxiClean and it washed beautifully.  I use fabric liners since I can throw them in the wash too.  The plastic ones get too slimy.


I regrouted the tub surround walls and recaulked the surround as well.  This took me WAY longer that I anticipated, but the result is a brand new looking tub.


 The little stool has been sitting in the basement and it works nicely here.  A place to stash a days worth of towels and I use it for my bath soaking items when I am relaxing in the hot bath.


 Hope you like the bath as much as I do!

17 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely AMAZING. That board and batten treatment really transforms a space. I love that you chose a round mirror as it "mirrors" the sink (and the light, too). The wood countertop gives it a little bit of a nautical feel so the pale blue and white are the perfect compliment to that. Really nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have added (and you can delete this comment if you want) I'm on about day 4 of eating mainly vegetables with a little protein. I eat 1/3 cup of oatmeal in the morning with milk. (no chips, no ice cream, no sugar)

    I feel terrible. Can't wait to get through the withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! It is gorgeous!! You worked your little fanny off on this and it paid off!! I love the wood counter, the vessel sinks, round mirror, cute towels! Just perfect. And hats off to you for re-doing your tub, THAT is some work! Seriously overtime I look at the after picture my bathrooms start calling me. But there are WAY to many things on the list ahead of them. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job!!! Enjoy your new spa-like space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bathroom is beautiful!! I might have to show this post to my friend Tiffany, I'm trying to convince her that she should do board and batten in her guest bathroom. If your bathroom doesn't convince her, I don't know what will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, this is beautiful. i never go to homegoods. i should try it. i need some new handtowels. love the round mirror and the paneling.

    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, what a gorgeous makeover! Love all the details, the new sink and the countertop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fabulous!!! I love all of the details and that barn light has me totally drooling. If we owned our home I'd be in big trouble, renting keeps me safe with just painting rooms, that's about it. ;) Great tip about the shower curtain liner. I always use clear plastic in our guest bath and I hate it. I'll buy a fabric liner so it can be washed and ditch the plastic.
    Bravo on a job well done!!

    Hugs~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love this! I'm not sure what my favorite part is. I've been loving this style and you did a great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the board and batten. I would like to do that to my bathroom too. Someday we'll get to it. :) Your bathroom looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I especially love the light fixture above the sink! Awesome job!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have created a gorgeous bathroom! I Love the wood countertop and sink...and the board and batten...and the color...and I can go on and on. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, I REALLY love your whole bathroom. What color is the paint about the B&B? That is exactly the color I want in our main bath and I was thinking RH Silver Sage. The whole room turned out great and I also love your light!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely lovely! Really appreciate you linking up this great bath post at the Roomspiration blog party. Btw, I am admiring all your creativity in your blog so may I invite you also to join us at Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks awesome! So fresh and clean now and has that modern country feel I love. Where is the barn door you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, your bathroom puts mine to shame! You have a tub. And I love that vessel sink ...

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete