7.10.2011

Bath Vanity- Ripping Some More Trim

Little by little the vanity is being transformed.  I've spent every night this past week and part of the weekend sprucing this little baby up.  I've changed my mind more than a dozen times along the way.
The sink and faucet are sitting gingerly awaiting to be hooked up.  They've been moved back and forth to the bathroom, you guessed it, a dozen times.
The countertop saw many changes this past week starting with the hole for the drain and the faucet.
The vessel sink is from Lowe's.  The brand is Aquasource and I love how large and deep the bowl is.  The directions left a lot to be desired, but I found new friends in blogland that gave me some tips.
I laid the template as directed and had Hubs use the hole saw for the drill to make a gaping circle.
You'll see later on that I ended up using my jig to cut the square out on the template.  I didn't like that the drain wasn't tight against the sink.
All that cutting and fear of messing up the countertop!  I moved on and decided I wanted storage space in the vanity.  I custom fit some shelves. First I installed scrap beadboard on the back just because I like how pretty it makes everything look.
 I installed a shelf with a "U" cut out for the p-trap.
I tried routing the countertop edges.  This was the first time ever I busted out the bad boy.  But I ended up hating it.  Because the countertop is made from planks, the tongue and groove didn't look right routed. Sorry I don't have a picture.
However, an awesome thing happened today!  I bought a table saw and it is AMAZING.  I was able to rip matching cherry trim from other planks and I love how it looks.  Clean.  Streamlined.  Beautiful. The board and batten is going up.  Onward.


Thanks to Our Vintage Home Love for inspiring me to do this.  Check out their barn wood counter.

4 comments:

  1. ahh! I am so excited, it looks amazing already!! Hurry and finish the suspense is killing me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome, Casey! The cherry countertop is beautiful and I LOVE that sink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this style of vanity. The countertop on yours is amazing!

    ReplyDelete