6.13.2011

Bathroom Redo- Building A Countertop

 
I have been wanting to spruce up my bathroom for some time.
Here is what I want to change:
Paint Color- Need something warmer.
Trim- Need more of it.  Perhaps board and batten or planks.
Vanity Top and Sink- the current sink is off center and seen better days.
Grout- Refresh the tub grout and possibly the floor grout.
Light fixture- I would love a barn style fixture.
Door- Install Barn Door !

This is what I've been working on:
New plank counter top.  Made from scrap cherry flooring.  4 coats of varnish so far.  Few more to go.
I am debating on vessel sink or drop in.  What to you think?

Next up: Barn door.  I have the hardware.  I have the door.  Now I just have to put it all together and make it fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. You are a genius! I need to redo several counter tops and didn't have a clue where to start. I have some flooring in my basement, oh happy day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I'd say drop in, but I'm going with vessal. The counter is looking gorgeous already! Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete