I will disclose that the first try was almost a crying moment. I was on the verge. I spent about an 2 hours cutting, pinning, sewing, ironing...only to find out the valance was WAY to long and not wide enough. I like a lot of flounce. I was ready to pitch it all in the garbage as I didn't think I bought enough fabric.
I ended up doing some piecing and one valance is now done and OH SO CUTE.
Here is a sneak peak at my steps along the way. I'll share the valances once I finish up the last one and hang in the kitchen.
The yellow brings a HUGE smile to my face (even today when it's cloudy outside.)
TIP: I lined my valances with white twin sheets. I like the weight and finished appearance the lining gives.
When you sew, just think you are making a big pillow case.
Sew the long sides first inside out.
Iron open seams.
Flip right side out. Iron.
Sew rod pocket.
Fold in side seams.
StichWitch side seams.