2.11.2011

Master Bedroom Redo


It's been over a year since I started my bedroom redo.
Remember the bright yellow to cool greige color?
It ended there.
Nothing since.
I didn't really like the color. It was supposed to be color matched, but just didn't turn out as I hoped.

Fast forward, I am on a mission this weekend to paint the ceiling, paint the walls AND paint my bedroom furniture.

Here is my test piece, my side table.


I am in L-O-V-E with Flood Floetrol. Who knew it was so great. Oh how I wish I knew sooner.
The finish after one coat is smooth, silky. The Behr paint and primer in one seems to be my other new best friend. I'll let you know after its second coat.
Wish me well as I will be up to my elbows in paint this weekend.


5 comments:

  1. Luck my dear! You and I share the whole SLOW decorating process. Enjoy it....find delight in the elements and "feel" you create. I was once told..unnecessary deadlines are just that: unnecessary. :)

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floetrol intrigues me. I'm excited to see your changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fun! hubs & i are doing diy this weekend as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love floetrol. I use a hvlp paint sprayer on all my furniture so I use tons of it.

    I love Greige. I painted my master bedroom furniture Bark by Maine Cottage (which is a gorgeous greige).

    Can't wait to see finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! And that is a TON of work, I can't believe you did that many pieces! PS- if you are interested I called your blog out for the Versatile Blogger Award, check out our latest post if you'd like, lots of linking up to do though! So if you ignore no biggie.
    http://hammersandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete