2.12.2011

Bedroom Furniture- Prep





I started this morning about 9am on the bedroom furniture.

About 5 hours later I accomplished this:

Moved all the furniture out of the bedroom to the garage with Hubs help. There were a couple of "Ow, watch my fingers, Watch the wall, Don't go so fast down the stairs" comments. All yelled out by yours truly.
I filled in these holes I created.


Took all the handles off and threw them and their screws into a baggie Ziploc style.
I used my orbital sander and about 5 sheets of paper to scuff up the surface. I also used my sanding block for areas I couldn't initially hit.


After some lunch, a couple loads of laundry, I wiped everything down 3 times. Let it dry.
Then the real fun began.
I mixed about a teaspoon of the Floetrol right into the quart of Behr paint. With foam roller and two different sized paint brushes, I ended up with one sweet looking coat of paint.

I am now drumming my fingers waiting for it to dry as I can't wait to get the second coat on.


8 comments:

  1. First of all---I'm jealous you are working in your garage this time of year! Second, those are great peices, they are going to look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like your project is going well! {minus a few bruised fingers?} our projects are also going well.. primer is on the chest, and foyer has it's trim & base coat on! love the smell of success on a sunday morning... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Just one coat of white paint and those things have been brought into the 21st century. Can't wait to see what they look like when done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I can't wait to see the finished pieces! Looking great so far. I am working on my guest bathroom cabinetry now..but its taking me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good already...can't wait to see it all finished! ~Deb~

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, love furniture painted white...can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excited to see the end results! They're already looking much-improved:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi ya! stop by my neighborhood to see who got an award! ;)

    ReplyDelete