2.15.2011

Bedroom Furniture- Night Stand


Here is a quick update and a sneak peak at the furniture.

I am pleased so far. I am torn on a top coat though.
I tested both paste wax on one drawer and polycrylic on another.
I really didn't like either. The paste wax was boring, not enough substance. Seems like a lot of work for nothing.
The polycrylic was a satin finish, but I thought it was too glossy. I just didn't like it. Something bugged me about it.

I've reused my original handles, but am toying with spraying them something else or getting new ones all together. I'm going to live with them for a bit to decide.

6 comments:

  1. My hubby redid a dresser for me, distressed white paint with wax(he says furniture wax-applied with a car buffer-typical guy) and it turned out so good I decided to keep it! I use it in my kitchen office-it's not shiny at all but not waxy feeling either.
    Thanks for stopping by my little blog and saying hi! Trust me-those kids are a work in progress but at least they will know how to do their own laundry! LOL

    hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference..I love it. I really like the handles you have on it now too. Good luck finding a finish you like! I can't wait to see all of the pieces.

    ~Heather @ www.dorilukedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the change!! Great job.
    I like the handles but if you were feeling punchy you could paint them a fab color like Aqua or Mustard -- whatever color you are feeling at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh...I love a good tease. :) I also love the insight on the "technique" behind the finished product. Everyone loves everything...so I am glad when someone puts forth their honest thoughts on things. :)

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I am ready to paint several pieces a creamy white!! Good to see some super ideas ...

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your furniture turned out lovely! Very serene and inviting room. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete