1.02.2011

Man Cave Reveal



A marathon paint session, a deep clean = one fabulous place to hang.
It is truly amazing how paint brings the room to closure. It's hard to believe pushing one wall back 4 feet gained a whole area for a TV, couch, chair and storage.

Hubs uses the basement space for jamming on his guitars, drums and other music stuff. Over the years the space has become more streamlined, but he never had a place to sit, relax, hang with friends, play some guitar, do guy things.

We are both thrilled with the outcome. I can't stop smiling. Friends helped to frame the new wall, run electric and gas and hang the drywall. We painted and trimmed it all out. The TV is a great addition (hung a little high for my taste, but not my cave).

We stole the leather couch and chair from our living room. I had fun shopping for a new set. It's time to shop for storage boxes for the shelves and maybe a rug. Oh and yes, Jerry is hanging on the wall. Like I said, not my cave. :)




10 comments:

  1. Nice work! My dh would be jealous! He needs to frame the walls to his cave in 2011! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! My guy would be jealous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great. I am going to send it to my parents, my dad needs to do this to his little basement space so badly. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so good! Love that you used the space under the stairs too.

    p.s. I answered under your MDF question in my comments in case my response would be of interest to anyone else. And because you're email address isn't linked with your profile. What-up with that?

    :-) Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a wonderful space! I agree that the tv is kind of high, why did he want it that way?? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks SO good! Great job. My hubby needs an area like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OUTSTANDING!!!! I love it all. The 4 ft made all the difference. It is the perfect place to let the testosterone flow. :)

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! I'm so jealous- we have a wet basement so it would cost a fortune to address the water situation before finishing . . . it is in the plan "some" day though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! Can't wait until I can reveal pictures of the finished kitchen! Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a perfect man cave...your man must be very happy! *Deb*

    ReplyDelete