1.17.2011

An Affair to Remember

It's no secret that I am a sucker for old romantic movies.
I've seen "An Affair to Remember" too many times to count.


Today is the anniversary of Hubs proposing to me on the top of the Empire State Building.
Somehow he knew my love for sappy things like this would win me completely over.

It was a very cold day. Windy. Raw out. We arrived in NYC and walked to the Empire State Building. By the time we got to the top, I was exhausted and frozen. Peering over the railing, looking around and in 2 seconds flat I was ready to go inside. Before I could blink, Hubs went on one knee, asked my to marry him and tried to put the ring over my leather glove.
Classic of us.

Today I reflect on the simplicity of that day and am grateful for the many years since then that we've grown deeper in love.


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet story! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so romantic and adorable! Happy (belated) engagement anniversary:)

    ReplyDelete