12.01.2010

Laundry Room- Worse Before Better


It always gets worse before it gets better with construction type projects.
The dust, the dirt, the decisions to be made.
I have to say, tearing down one itty bitty wall makes all the difference.

Washer and dryer are moved out awaiting their new home. I can't believe I don't have one piece of laundry at the moment to wash...give that a day.

Here is the wall my machines are going to be installed on. The doorway will be flipped to the opposite side. Washer and dryer will remain stacked, but now I'll have room for cabinets and a folding table. I am in love with the idea of an actual folding table to stack clean clothes. It's the little things, ya know.


Here is a view from the man cave side. A 2 foot wall came down in front of the stairs and the wall in back is going to be pushed back about 4-5 feet. Hubs gains about 100 sq. feet. Enough for a couch, chair and TV. Perfect.


I have dreams for under the stairs...built in shelves. I need to find some more inspiration photos so if you have, do share. I need vision.

This week the plumber friend is hooking up my washer/dryer and completing our gas conversion. At the same time another friend is stopping by to help frame up the new walls.

I'll keep you posted.


5 comments:

  1. I know it will be great! Looking forward to seeing a beautiful laundry room. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today while we were painting in the bathroom my daughter asked, "Mommy, do you know other people that change things as much as you do?" Oh yes! My blog friend do it...they understand me much better than my real life friends who generally think I am off my rocker. I love watching your laundry room, man cave grow. I'm in a mess over here too....we'll be construction mess buddies. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa- so true and SO funny! I often worry about myself because my brain is always thinking of my next project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to look amazing. I can't wait to see it!! Your drawing alone inspires me :)

    ReplyDelete