12.05.2010

Laundry Room- Drywall


The boys around here were movin'. They covered some serious ground this weekend. The place is still a wreck, but I love seeing the room come together.
Laundry is 95% hooked up. What a job that was to move all the plumbing, venting, electric. Worth every penny though. I ran out to Lowe's twice to get recessed boxes for all the connections just because I am silly like that. You can't even see them behind the monster machines stacked tall.

The man cave has drywall, rough electric and is ready for taping tomorrow. Messy job, glad I am not doing it. Hubs is bartering work and I can sit back and watch someone else do it. Don't worry, I have a royal pain of a job ahead of me. The floor. I figured out today that I have to talk half the floor up first. The planks interlock on all sides, so they can't just be pieced in. Oh well.

The blue tape on the walls is my way of seeing if the TV placement is correct. The box on the left is for a wall heater. Since we use our wood stove to heat our home, the furnace rarely comes on. The wall heater takes the chill off the basement when Hubs is down there.

We'll see how the next phase goes.


3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I can't wait to see how it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun seeing your project unfold ... can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete