11.29.2010

Laundry Room - Makeover #2


Hold on to your hats. Nothing stays the same around here. One thing leads to another and I am getting a new laundry room.

We are converting to natural gas and all the big appliances need to be converted by a professional. Hubs, with his mind ever going and negotiating skills prime, decided he wants to gain some extra man cave space. Out will come the washer and dryer and the wall on the right will go back as close to the furnace as we can allow.


It doesn't look like much, but this will gain some space for Hubs to hang his big screen and allow for built in storage under the stairs. He has tons of books and I'm all about the storage.

In the end, I'll get a more spacious laundry room. Doorways will flip and my washer and dryer will be moved.We just need to figure out the best place to run the new pipes, ducting and electrical.

The whole place is a mess right now and I have tons of pictures to take. I'll share, I promise, but right now I am fighting a head cold and am off for some rest. I'm getting my dust mask ready!

Here are some dreamy inspiration photos from Houzz.com


5 comments:

  1. Oh wow I would love a new laundry room!! Looking good!

    Come and Enter my giveaway from Fifi Flowers!
    xoxo

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting! Can't wait to see the pictures. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it! Thanks for casting your vote on our Christmas pic! Hubby and I are still debating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are about to do some new built-ins in our basement. I'm so excited to get my husband's books out of boxes! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiration pics!! You have the perfect area there to make it happen! It does help to enjoy the space since we have to be in there so often!!

    ReplyDelete