8.11.2010

Metal Shelving



I love it when a good thing happens. I really hated to cover up the pretty turquoise color of these shelves. After much scrubbing and sanding, the were still stinky, so I knew I had to paint them.
I picked up these two colors, one from Wal-mart, one from Lowes and thought they would be close enough. To my suprise, the one from Wal-mart, Krylon Bahama Sea is almost a perfect match and makes me smile.



I sanded the shelving. (I did a test for lead). I primed with grey primer. Then 4 cans of Bahama Sea later, this is my new shelving. It's in my new sewing area of the basement and is about to get loaded up with supplies.



Linking up to this very cool blog CSI

10 comments:

  1. How awesome it turned out!! Perfect for sewing/crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shelf!! I saw that Bahama Sea last week, it is a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the blue shelf! Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. the shelf looks great, love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out great! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you picked something close to the original color. It looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you! Great color :) Visiting from CSI...enjoy your day! Laurel@chippingwithcharm

    ReplyDelete