7.10.2010

Painted Stairs- Two



I raced home last night after my show and slapped another coat of white on the stairs. I also freshly coated the walls....wonderful. What a fresh coat of paint can do!

This morning it was raining so it was a perfect time to tape off the stairs and add a coat of brown to the steps.


Two thin coats later, this is what they look like. Not much loveliness, but I can see past all the blue tape. Crossing my fingers that I like the brown when it's all said and done.

The can says to recoat after 24 hours, boo hoo. So while I wish these steps would be done sooner, I have to do it in stages. Every other step. Otherwise I'd be stuck in the basement.

P. S. One last show tonight and then the dancin' shoes go away for a few months.

6 comments:

  1. all the waiting will be worth it... love the brown/white combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are going to look so good! I love painted stairs. I did that once and was so happy with the results.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that is going to look so nice!

    Ha ha! I wondered about the every other step look until I read to the bottom - I wouldn't have thought of that...and then been stuck in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to tear up the carpet and paint our stairs for months now, but I can't seem to get everything in order.

    I just want to go right over and rip it up RIGHT NOW. Of course, our vacuum cleaner died today, so probably not a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I googled 'painted steps' and came across your blog..I'm thinking of painting my own steps (ripped up carpet about a year ago and the steps are in decent condition...think a good sanding will help). What type of paint did you use? and since this is an old post, how are your gorgeous painted steps holding up?? thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete