7.30.2010

Garbage Picking- Metal Shelving




I was garbage picking. Slightly ashamed. We have bulk pick up this month and certain sections of town are dumping out their unwanted goods. Hubs drove the getaway vehicle and I jumped out scoping the goods. This caught my eye just because of the color.

She's also very similar to this baby who is going for a mere $399 on Hudson Goods.


So I gave it a soapy wash and rough sand. The paint was already peeling and flaky. It was also kinda stinky, you know old, smokey smelly. So I think I need to paint it again. Would you strip it down or spray a fun color?



9 comments:

  1. I would just spray it a fun color! It will get rid of the smell! How cool! Just add some caster wheels and you are in business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome find!! I love the stripped down version the best but a color would be cute too. It can always be stripped...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, that is a great find! I am excited for you. I do love the color that it is. Do you have to paint it at all or could you just leave it out and let the weather take away the smokey musty smell? Or does that color even match?

    Lucky you on that one..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thats a hard one...I do love your inspiration picture. Where are you going to put it? Great find by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of love how it looks exactly like it is right now! But I can understand wanting to paint over it if it looks gross in person! I vote for fun color:) I would use it as a bathroom caddy or retro-looking bar cart like on Mad Men.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome find! I love the look of the bare metal but it's hard to go wrong with a fun color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find! The existing color is actually very cool. Its pretty cool all aged. But, if its stinky you could paint it any color and I think it would look great. Maybe you could get a paint color match and then repaint it the same color. You will have to show us the final results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I would just leave it. Give it a coat of clear urethane to keep it from pealing anymore but the color is perfect

    ReplyDelete