6.22.2010

Cabinet Door Do Over #2






Here's another cabinet door do over.

I sprayed the unfinished wood with a grey primer.

I then painted the edges with my new favorite paint color (Valspar Silversea).

Out came the Cricut. I decided on beaches that are favorites of Hubs and mine and went to town printing out letters on vinyl. I played around with the style and size of fonts.

I sized and drew level lines and positioned my words.

I painted over the vinyl with a white wash and let it dry.

About 2 hours latter, I peeled back the vinyl and revealed the grey! Loved it.

A good rub down with the orbital sander to make it look good and old.

A couple of eye hooks, some rope, and now a very special item to ..............


HIDE THE ELECTRICAL PANEL in the pool house.

LOVE IT!

16 comments:

  1. I like it!! I really like how it hides what looks to be like an electric panel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I'm thinking I should do something like that to hide the "door" in the wall to our attic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I adore this project. It is going in my style file for sure!

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent my summers in "Cape May", it was my moms family's summer home.. So your sign is a memory for me.. love it!
    Nice!
    Sandy
    thewondersofdoing@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute sign! The 'Seaside' caught my eye because I am moving to NJ in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I just found you from Donna's site. So glad I did. Your sign is beautifulllllll. I'm guessing you're from New Jersey, so am I. I'm in Toms River, so gald to know a blogger lives nearby. Everyone else seems to be far away! I don't have a blog yet but will soon get up the courage, I hope! Sorry for the long comment, I'll be back<3 Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! What font cartridge did you use on the Cricut?
    Nice work!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the sign!!! I love using cupboards to make them...I have an americana one hanging outside with our name on it...Love the paint colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, awesome, awesome! I love it:)

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute sign! I love the distressing around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the SIlversea color! I must find it!! The sign looks great AND functional. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color, I love the font - what a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your "beachy" sign from a cabinet door....so clever! Found you through Kimba's DIY linky party...I will be back for sure!

    Love Cape May.....grew up going to OCNJ!

    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beyond great! Found you via the CSI project, fyi :)

    ReplyDelete