5.09.2010

Basement Organization- Shelving

Sump pit cover is on its way. I hope it fits.

I hope you all enjoyed Mother's Day. I had a splendid afternoon with extended family and the newest little bebe to the brood. She's chunky monkey and I love her to pieces.

I've had such fun organizing my basement shelves. So much so that I think I am going to buy one more for the other side of the room. I'll have one for pantry, one for crafts and sewing and one for household items.


I bought these totes at Target yesterday and they are the perfect size for storing my white dishes that I use for entertaining. I bought them many years ago at Wal-mart for a service of 24. These totes can easily be moved around and Hubs can drag them upstairs when I need them. My dishes will be kept clean and dust free. 1 held the dinner plates. 1 held the bowls and cups. 1 held the dessert and saucers with cups.


9 comments:

  1. So exciting! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, I do love those shelves. I have mine all put together in my garage, and I'm loving them. Take Care, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great and very similar to your inspiration picture! That's a smart solution for keeping your dishes dust free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to pick up some of those bins. Good idea!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for the suggestion for what to do with my screen. I am definitely going to paint it a super fun color { raspberry or salmon }. I am also going to figure out a way to use the clothespin idea too. Take Care, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. I bet it feels good to have that done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comment!
    I popped over here and the first thing I saw was your basement. I am so jealous! I miss having a basement and one as beautiful as this would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the nicest basement! I love that shelving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new shelves look very sleek! I love chrome ones.

    ReplyDelete