4.10.2010

Stitchery Witchery


Sara you made me laugh out loud about "camper revolution." I am now on a mission.

Mission One- window treatments for camper

I sweet talked Hubs into stopping at the fabric store while we were doing our weekend Lowe's/Home Depot run. He did divert the car and low and behold we ended up at the fabric store. I dashed out of the car, quick as a bunny and yelled over my shoulder- "You aren't coming in, are you?" He said he was going into Wal-mart and he'd call me when he was done. Oh great, that gives me about 5 minutes :)

I have not been in a fabric store in a really long time. I used to go with my mom when I was a kid all-the-time. I will tell you today when I stepped in, all those memories came back and IT WAS FUN.

Hubs called 20 minutes into my spree. My response was "I am still looking."
I went in thinking I was going to buy fabric with blue and tan tones. I came out with 3 different coordinating fabrics, all with red tones.

The young girl who cut my fabric helped me find this "heat seam tape something or other". It's called Stitch Witchery. I can officially say I AM IN LOVE WITH IT.

Here is a sneak peak at the window treatments I made tonight for the camper. You just measure your hem, fold and iron in the tape. Zip. One. Two. Three.







3 comments:

  1. Dude, I always have two rolls of Stich Witchery in my project stash at all times! I've made no-sew curtains twice now for our house..it's so awesome to be able to make your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which fabric store did you get this at? I need this stuff since I don't sew.... I'd love to make my own curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only fabric store in my area is Joann's Fabric, but your local craft store like Michael's may also carry it. I can't get enough of this stuff now.

    ReplyDelete