4.01.2010

Do you camp?

Do you camp?
I do.

Let me tell you, I've move up in the camping world though. Hubs took me camping when we first go married- in a tent, with sleeping bags. I went out and bought an air mattress. I hated the whole porta potty situation.

Needless to say, I negotiated my wants and needs and we bought a slide in truck camper back in 2000. It is wonderful. We take it to the beach. We park in a normal parking spot and have our own personal space within walking steps to the warm sand. We've taken it on numerous trips to music festivals and weekend getaways. Our own little world on our backs (on our truck that is).


This little gem is NOT mine, but a close match. Source is from: http://www.coachmanrvdealer.com/truck_camper.htm

Last weekend I decided the old girl needed a makeover. You see, the interior, it's rather hideous. These fabric choices that some one makes for campers are really not all that appealing. So while I've lived with it all this time, I decided I want the camper to be more like home.


I spent two days taking down valences, curtains and all the fru-fru stuff that was in there. It's a clean slate now. Next is determining what curtains are needed and how I should slipcover the flip out sofa.

I'm sure this is going to be a work in progress. I'm a little scared that I jumped in, but what can be worse than what was there?



8 comments:

  1. Love it! We are buying a camper this spring and I'm so excited to get going already! Good luck with your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like to camp in a tent for sure, but I think I could handle a camper! Good luck with your redo, can't wait to see the results!

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun! What is up with the camper fabrics? They are all so ugly. We bought ours as a leftover ('09 Sprinter) so we were stuck with the fabric it came with but luckily it wasn't too bad. I'd love to change things/recover/rewallpaper eventually though.
    Can't wait to see how yours turns out!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! We want to do our first camping trip this year with our daughter. We talk about renting an RV, but this would be perfect.
    Love that your going to give it some love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camping is fun -- we used to have a pop up and it is some of our fondest memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed that you have the guts to do the makeover (work)...
    one of my bloggers has the cutest trailer as well, take a look at her blog!
    http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com/2009/05/back-from-my-sisters-on-fly-trip.html

    I have an old trailer sitting in the mountains and now that you two have done so much to make them a "home". I am so ready to do mine, too!

    Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, one more thing for Londen @ Sixty-Fifth Avenue ~
    We have rented an RV for 3 years and we have found and bought an exactly the floorplan/layout that fits our lifestyle. It is wise to do so so you won't make a mistake!
    :)
    Hope this helps and thanks Pine Tree Home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE camping. And I wonder if any of these things get built for real people or actual camping because a) it's always ugly and b) it's always impossible to keep clean while camping.

    I've enjoyed reading through your camper posts and seeing what you've accomplished so far! I'm so glad you decided to "go for it"!

    ReplyDelete