4.11.2010

Camper Redo-Curtains



Totally in love...yes, I am with my new curtains in the camper.

WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER? Remember the UGLY?

Sew simple.

I took measurements of each window and added 2" to each side (incl. bottom and top.)


I wanted a substantial hem to give the small valences some weight.
My favorite new hem tape worked wonders.

I attached these valences right to the mini blinds using stick on Velcro tabs.
Sew easy.


I really like how the colors compliment the oak cabinets. I'm so glad I went with warm tones rather than just cool blue and white.

Up next...the monster of the sofa bed. I pulled it off it's hinges last night. Dashed back to the fabric store tonight and cut out my fabric pieces to slip the baby up. Wish me well.

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabric! I really need to learn how to sew.
    So, when you get it all fixed up and pretty maybe we can rent it out and tour the west coast.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm reading all these posts backwards but I'm glued to my computer chair because I've been dreaming about doing a makeover in the camp trailer and now I'm feeling quite motivated!

    ReplyDelete