3.02.2010

Gold Rush- Update

Here's an update on my Cash for Gold experience. I decided to deal with my local jeweler. I've had a good experience with them in the past. I had changed my wedding band and setting with them few years back. It's a family run business and I like the personal attention they give.

I am pleased to say that the gal examined every single little piece of gold I brought in. Even some pieces she was not sure of, she had the on site jeweler take a look and do further testing. They found items that were iffy, turned out to be gold, both 10k and 14k.

Bottom line is that I received $395 in cash for 7 pair gold hoops (quarter in size or smaller); 3 rings, 1 necklace, 5 assorted bracelets and a mess of broken charms, odd stud earnings and a pin back.

Not bad for stuff I never wore anymore. I came home with a baggy of costume jewelry too. At least now I know.

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you made some good cash! My husband and I just took in a load of old coins for my grandma (she needed some money to get her through the month). Did you know that silver dimes and quarters are worth 10 times their face value? We didn't know either so we will be keeping our eyes out for those!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me to see what kind of jewerly I had and found a couple of things. I made $55 for a bracelet and still have one more thing to bring back.
    You did great with your old stuff!

    Thanks for the super sweet comment on my kitchen, I checked out the kitchen island you made and love it! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sold some gold on eBay and have had good success with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We took a bunch of our stuff in last year and made out really well too. Even traded some of it for gold and silver coins back when the bank/cash scare was at it's peak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is good to know! I thought that all those places were a scam. Seems worth it id you never wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great! I've always debated if I should do the Gold Party thing...but now I'm re-thinking ;) Like your blog BTW - just started following.

    ReplyDelete