Tips that I have found to work
- Stick to a time that works for you. I find I tend to exercise more and harder in the evening. I am not a morning person at all. I wake up HUNGRY. Who wants to jump around hungry?
- Right now I am sticking with Gilad on FIT TV since I am seeing results. I throw in some running on my treadmill every few days. The strength training is really working. I recommend actually using the weights that you may have in the closet. Little reps here and there have done wonders.
- Allow yourself to have your favorite food. On the weekends I allow myself to eat cookies, cake or chocolate that I crave. I have found over time a few bites is all it takes so I don't feel deprived. I've been sharing with HUBS that way I don't feel like I ATE THE WHOLE THING.
- Keep telling yourself that you won't get in shape overnight. Give yourself short and long term goals. My short term goal was to get moving 3-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes. My stretch goal is to kick it up and improve my cardio. I want to be strong, lean and healthy by May.
Things I am trying to improve upon
- Eating less sugar and bread. I am trying to knock down my carb intake. A big help has been watering down my juice to 1/2 juice, 1/2 water mix. Only using honey instead of white table sugar and trying to have more protein to offset carbs in meals. I am trying to eat more fruit as opposed to empty carb calories. It's a constant battle. Few years ago I was having problems with low blood sugar and I absolutely hate that feeling so food intake helped to compensate. I am trying to eat the right foods now that help sustain my blood sugar.
- Putting health first. It is so easy to work, clean, blog first, but I am trying to make it a routine to exercise first and care for all the rest later.
- Get more sleep. I am in a rut. I've been staying up 'til almost 1am some nights. I can't fall asleep earlier. I think I need to kick up my exercise to tire me out. I find on the weekends I nap for 2-3 hours. Can't be good to not get enough sleep.
While I admit I want to look good in a bathing suit, this exercise goal really is about getting and feeling healthy. I am by no means overweight, but know that feeling tired isn't a good thing. I have an rather unknown condition called Polycystic Kidney Disease and while right now I am considered healthy...I know that can change at any time. I want to do what I can now, TODAY, to help me TOMORROW.
Join me and get moving. I came across the "Jog before you Blog" button last night and thought now that is GENIUS.