1.02.2010

Use What You Got

2010 is going to be a great year...I can feel it.

I am desiring to SIMPLIFY and keep it real. I'm back from a long week of sneezing, coughing, think "I am going to die" type of a week and I hit the ground running today. The Christmas Tree is on its way out the door. The Living Room is spic and span clean. All those holiday decorations are back in the attic and I am loving the sparse, clean look!
I grew up in a "take your shoes off", "don't sit on the bed", "OMG is that dirt?" type of household....luckily that gene didn't carry over. My house is a "put your feet up", "no worries, I own a vacuum" type of house. However, every so often the deep cleaning bug hits and I go after all kinds of things.

Today, it was the glass curio cabinet. I decided to take out all of content, take a good look and them and decide if they were going to stay in the house. Windex and hot, soapy water were my new best friends!


Right then and there I decided: "You want to keep this stuff, you better use it." I vow to use the generously gifted Waterford and Lenox. I vow to have an elegant dinner with Hubs and I once a month (how crazy is that?). I'll let you know how I do...can't wait to try some new recipes, sit down at the table for longer than 5 minutes.


Use What You Got or get rid of it. Simplify for 2010!

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the sneezing bit. I swear the left side of my nose has been completely blocked for a week. Don't even get me started on the sneezing! Glad you are feeling better!

    I get those bugs sometimes also. The days where I have to deep clean everything and then when I get to something I decide whether to keep it or give it to Goodwill. I think I have given more things then kept but oh well. That crystal is lovely. I also would have kept something like that myself and the fancy dinner once a month sounds like a really nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I agree, we may as well use all the things we have or there is no use keeping them around.
    Happy New Year!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plan! I have lots of beautiful things too that never see the light of day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so with you on de-cluttering!

    p.s. love that cabinet!!

    ReplyDelete