1.24.2010

Thankfulness


Thankfulness.
As I lay on my bedroom floor this morning doing crunches (a new morning ritual to shed some pounds), I found myself staring at the same spot on the ceiling that always annoyed me.
It was a spot that I missed while painting the ceiling white- many years ago.
I know a lot of you can relate. Painting white over white with your arms over your head.
It's annoying and there are always streaks, splotches.
Well, I ran out of paint and said I'd fix it soon enough.
It's been about 6 years and that spot is still there.
Today I realized how thankful I am that God ignores all those splotches, streaks and bland spots in me.
I don't have to be perfect.
I can be at peace knowing that God loves me no matter what.
Right then and there I told myself to leave to spot on the ceiling.
May it be a reminder to me (until I am brave enough to tackle painting ceilings again).
I hope today you go easy on yourself and share in my Thankfulness for God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment