11.03.2009

Drapery Drama

Here is the before and now the after.







The new couch arrived and the color and fabric are a good fit for our home and lifestyle. I had high hopes for this room...a little switcharoo of window treatments, shop the house for accessories and all set....right. I am dead in the water. The drapes are full of drama. First I hung them too low on a rod that didn't work. Returned. Then I bought this extra long rod...after multiple holes, up it stayed. Finished...no. Something is just not right. My husband hates it. It has to do with the fact there is no molding. Now, don't get me wrong, I replaced all the baseboards and door trim through out the house....but to do the windows, it will be a pain. I'd have to rip out a super long sill, hope I don't screw up the alarm system wiring, blah blah blah. I am thinking of looking for modern valances or roman shades.....nothing is easy. What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Brings out more color into the room and the colors are perfect for Autumn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cheapchichome. Can you get two more panels and hang over the small wall space bet. the windows? It will then look like one large window. Bamboo blinds would be nice, too.

    ReplyDelete